Started in 2005, four longtime college friends saw a restaurant opportunity in Buckhead, Georgia, and within a year acquired a restaurant to test their Tin Lizzy’s Cantina concept. Tin Lizzy’s is a highly differentiated, full-service restaurant and bar that offers award-winning cuisine and signature drinks in a high-energy cantina environment. At Tin Lizzy’s Cantina, we’re known for our refreshing margaritas, friendly service, lively music and of course, our FlexMex cuisine.
Our philosophy is based on superior execution of food and drinks at a great price, with genuine service. We focus on treating guests as “friends serving friends” at their “home away from home”. Our unique menu and atmosphere is described as “FlexMex” - A cuisine that resembles Tex-Mex but is comprised of and influenced by many cultures. It is an attitude or experience that evokes a feeling of belonging and pure awesomeness.
Each Tin Lizzy’s location is built with a patio being the main focus, with newer construction combining the bar with the patio. Tin Lizzy’s features live local music four nights a week. Background music is strategically planned to consider the time of day and crowd within the restaurant to create upbeat energy with guests and staff. Each location has local artifacts used as decor to create a community feel.
Our typical development agreements require franchisees to build multiple restaurants in a defined geography within a defined period. Usually we require a minimum of five restaurants.
Our preferred partner is an experienced and well-capitalized multi-unit operator who is operating restaurants already with another brand. We typically require a minimum of $2.5 million in net worth, along with substantial cash assets, totalling a minimum of $500k for each restaurant. It is also important our franchisees have sufficient funds to cover working capital costs and startup costs, which are substantial.
Territorial exclusivity is occasionally given, but our willingness to consider exclusivity is dependent on the initial development commitment.
Our Standard Term
- Royalties/Continuing Fees: The continuing fee for Tin Lizzy's Cantina is 5% of sales.
- Initial Fee/Franchise Fee: Our current initial fee per store is $40,000.
- Advertising Fee: Franchisees are obligated to spend 3% of sales annually on advertising. A National Marketing contribution of 0.5% of sales is required at this time.
- Training Fees: Franchisees are expected to cover the cost of training their local staff and management teams. This will include the cost of Tin Lizzy's Cantina certified trainers who will temporarily work in market and at the store to ensure a successful restaurant opening.
All new Tin Lizzy's Cantina franchisees receive the support and training required to open their restaurants quickly and efficiently, including:
- Site selection assistance and guidance, including field visits.
- Professional design and construction document review and analysis.
- Complete equipment lists and specifications.
- Pre-approved suppliers.
- Operational and management tools.
- Comprehensive pre-opening assistance and restaurant opening training package.
Ongoing support services include:
- Confidential operations manual documenting Tin Lizzy's Cantina operational procedures.
- Scheduled visits from your Franchise Consultant.
- Ongoing menu innovation.
- What is the Franchise Fee? The Franchise Fee is $40,000 and is paid upon execution of the Franchise Agreement.
- What is the term of the franchise agreement? The initial term of the Franchise Agreement is twenty (20) years. The agreement is renewable for two (2) additional ten (10) year terms.
- What is the royalty rate? The royalty rate is 5% of gross sales, exclusive of sales tax, discounts and is paid every week.
- Is there an advertising contribution? Yes; the current advertising contribution is .5% of gross sales for all restaurants. These funds are utilized for the creative development of our menu, photography, and video for commercials, product development and testing, PR firm and services.
- What is the initial investment cost to open a Tin Lizzy's Cantina? There are numerous geographical factors that affect the costs of construction, equipment, and FFE, as well as location and size factors. Item 7 of the Franchise Disclosure Document provides a range of costs by category for your review.
- Does Tin Lizzy's Cantina provide financing? We do not provide direct financing at this time.
- Is previous restaurant experience required? Yes multi-unit restaurant experience is required, either from you as the franchisee or from a partner that will be the main operator of the restaurants.
- What kind of support will I receive from Tin Lizzy's Cantina? Tin Lizzy's Cantina provides initial and on-going support for your franchise. This includes: Operations, Real Estate, Design and Construction, Training, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, and Marketing.
- How do I know where development areas are available? How do I know there are sites in these markets? Click on Available Markets link below. This will show you the markets in which we are expanding. We do not know which specific locations are available. The site selection process will help you determine a site.
- Where can I obtain the following information on the franchisor’s financial statements, a copy of the Franchise Agreement, list of fees, royalties, initial franchise fees, etc.? This information is in the FDD. To obtain a copy of FDD, please click on 'Request for Consideration' link below and fill out the form.
- What types of restaurants are available? Tin Lizzy's Cantina are adaptable and can be built in our freestanding prototype, as a conversion of an existing free standing restaurant, in high visibility end cap locations, in high traffic street front retail locations, and in highly trafficked captive audience venues.
- Who will select the location? It is the responsibility of the franchise owner to acquire a suitable location; however, we will work with you during the site selection process, and all sites must be reviewed and accepted by Tin Lizzy's Cantina.
- Does Tin Lizzy's Cantina provide a site and construct the building for the new franchise? Tin Lizzy's Cantina will assist in site selection for the franchisee and provide specifications for construction, furniture, fixtures and equipment. However, it is the franchisee’s responsibility to work with an engineer and architect to develop site plans, architectural plans, civil drawings, obtain permits and construct their restaurant. All sites must be accepted by Tin Lizzy's Cantina and all final plans and specifications must be reviewed and approved by our design and construction team. A franchisee may either purchase or lease the land and building, or may lease the premises in which the restaurant will operate.
- How much will I make owning a Tin Lizzy's Cantina? There are numerous factors that affect the profitability of a restaurant, including sales volume, location, and the size of the restaurant, competition, managerial skill, dedication, and the ability to manage the costs of the business appropriately. Doing your due diligence and after a thorough investigation of our franchise program, you should have the data necessary to make an informed business decision as to whether investing in a Tin Lizzy's Cantina franchise is compatible with attaining your personal business and financial goals.
No employee of Tin Lizzy's Cantina may furnish any specific oral or written information regarding the potential sales, costs income, or profits of a new Tin Lizzy's Cantina franchise other than that provided in our FDD. The intent of this policy is consistent with our commitment not to, in any way, mislead a potential franchisee; also, with the intent of the Federal Trade Commission that each investor should make an independent investigation as to the profitability of a business opportunity and how it applies to their particular situation. We do, however, provide certain unaudited historical sales and cost information on our corporately owned restaurants in item 19 of our FDD. The FDD also contains sample agreements such as our Franchise and Development Agreements.
- I’m excited to learn more! What’s the next step? Please review all of the information on this page to learn more about the company and our franchise award process. You may send us your request by filling out the form below. Click on 'Request for Consideration' link below. Once you submit that to us, we will promptly review your information and contact you again to discuss next steps! The entire franchise award process typically takes between 75-120 days.
THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS NOT THE OFFER OF A FRANCHISE. WE WILL NOT OFFER ANY FRANCHISE FOR SALE UNTIL: (I) YOUR STATE HAS DULY REGISTERED OUR FRANCHISE OFFERING OR DULY EXEMPTED OUR FRANCHISE OFFERING FROM REGISTRATION, IF YOUR STATE REQUIRES REGISTRATION OR EXEMPTION; (II) WE HAVE DELIVERED OUR FRANCHISE DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT (OUR "FDD") TO YOU IN COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW; AND (III) WE HAVE RECEIVED A RECEIPT FOR THE FDD.
Franchising is now available for the following markets.
Request for Consideration
As Tin Lizzy's Cantina continues to expand and grow, we look forward to building strong relationships with new franchise partners. Submit your information below, and we will contact you.